Vocabulary - G(g)
- go down:(v.phra)為...所接受,被打敗。
〉〉 Our new products didn't go down well with consumers. (消費者對我們的新產品反應不佳。)
- give it some thought:(慣用語)考慮、花時間思考某事。
〉〉 After I have had time to give some thought to the matter, I will call you. (在我對此事詳加思考一陣子後,會打電話給你。)
- get round/around + 物:(v.phr.)避開問題或法規。get round + 人: 遊說他人以達成目的。get round to + 人或物: 設法處理某事。
〉〉 We have found ways to get round the tax rules. (我們找出規避這些稅務規定的方式。)
〉〉 The alarm would go off at 7 o'clock. (鬧鐘7點江鈴聲大作。)
- get used to:(phr. v.)指習慣於。
〉〉 She never gets used to them. (她一直看不慣他們。)
- go viral:(phr.)指某人或物透過社群網站或影音短片在網路廣為流傳造成轟動。
〉〉 Footage of the candidate's off-color remarks went viral within minutes. (這位候選人低俗的評論影片,幾分鐘之內就在網路上瘋狂流傳開來。)
- give a leg up: (phr.)幫助某人,讓他更成功。
〉〉 These skills will give you a leg up in the job market. (這些技能會幫助你在就業市場裡成功找到工作。)
- give sb/sth the cold shoulder:(phr.)故意冷落、怠慢(人), 對某事表現出毫無興趣。
〉〉 Why are you giving me the cold shoulder? (你為什麼對我這麼冷淡?)
〉〉 You'd better get a grip on yourself. (你最好控制自己的情緒。)
- grant:(v)指承認、同意、准許、授與;(n)指撥款、輔助金、授予物。
〉〉 'I grant you' means I accept something is true, even though my opnion about it does not change. (「我承認你」意指我接受某事屬實,雖然我對它的觀點並未改變。)
〉〉 I managed to pack all my gears into my suitcase. (我試著把所有裝備塞進行李箱裡。)
- go viral:(慣用語)像病毒般蔓延、大流行、瘋傳。
- get in on something:(慣用語)參加;設法參加他人正在做有趣或有利可圖之事;共襄盛舉。
〉〉 She is trying to get in on the new club. (他設法加入那個新俱樂部。)
〉〉 He often cheats on the test. He will get busted sooner or later. (他考試時常作弊,遲早會被逮到。)
〉〉 Fraud ring usually cook up a story to deceive unwary, gullible people like you. (詐騙集團通常都編出伊套說詞,欺騙像你們這種沒警覺心又好騙的人。)
〉〉 Amy gnawed on her fingernail when she felt nervous. (艾美感到緊張時會咬指甲。)
- get/lay your hands on something:(慣用語)取得某物。
〉〉 I can never lay my hands on a pair of scissor in this office. (我在這個辦公室裡永遠找不到剪刀。)
- give credit to someone:(慣用語)對某人有信心,讚揚歸功某人。
- go to the ends of earth: (慣用語)竭盡所能/想盡辦法達成某事,通常後加to do something.
〉〉 Most parents in Taiwan would go to ends of the earth to make sure their children have access to higher education. (大多數台灣家長會想盡辦法讓子女接受高等教育。)
- gets one's way:(片語)隨心所欲、為所欲為。
〉〉 My little brother always gets his own way. (我的小弟總是為所欲為。)
- get (stand) in the way:(片語)妨礙、阻攔。
〉〉 You know I won't stand in your way if you want to apply for a job abroad. (如果你想應徵國外的工作,我是不會攔你。)
- go viral: (俚語)指網路內容因被人分享,如病毒迅速蔓延、迅速大流行與受歡迎。viral: (a)病毒的。
- go down(with): (動詞片語)以某種方式被接受、看待或記錄。
〉〉Our new products go down wells with customers. (客戶對我們的新產品反應不錯。)
〉〉What genre does the book fall into - comedy or tragedy? (這本書屬於哪類?喜劇還是悲劇?) (fall into: 屬於)
- gaze(vi)(n)凝視;注視
- generic(a)屬的,類的;一般的,總稱的;非商標的;沒有商標名的(n)通稱;非專利藥;
- get over( )渡過,穿過;傳送;做完...,結束;走完;克服;克制;從…中恢復過來;把...忘懷;熬過;
沒有留言:
張貼留言